Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a CASUAL CUSTOMER SERVICE CLERK (LUMBER) at our Home Centre in Vanderhoof, BC. The successful candidate will typically work Saturday and Sunday each week.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.fourriversco-op.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Assistant Building Materials Manager you will be responsible for:
• Promote our Co-op values: Responsibility, Integrity, Service, and Excellence
• Consistently deliver excellent service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here.”
• Engage and build professional relationships with customers and contractors
• Provide information, assistance, and exceptional customer service, listen to, and elevate customer complaints as appropriate and provide answers to inquiries
• Work co-operatively with team members
• Assist customers/contractors with all their building supply needs
• Minor cost estimating for building projects as required
• Process orders and payments through the POS and internal systems
Who you are:
• Demonstrated computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Office is a must
• Knowledge of construction, building materials, hardware, and agro is considered an asset
• Positive attitude and proven ability to work with the team in a culture of sales and service
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
• Adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
• Be a team member with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• A commitment to quality and an eye for detail
• Appropriate computer skills and technical knowledge
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs as required
• Experience in retail in a similar position
• You are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
To apply, contact us at (672) 645-6300 or email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; those selected to
continue in the selection process will be contacted.