Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a GAS BAR MANAGER for our location in Vanderhoof, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.fourriversco-op.crs
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Retail Division Manager you will be responsible for:
• Developing a strong workplace culture which demonstrates Four Rivers Co-operative’s values of Responsibility, Integrity, Service, Excellence in everything we do
• Promoting our Co-op brand values: Locally Invested, Community-Minded, and Lifetime Membership Benefits
• Developing, coaching, mentoring, and maintaining a team of assistant managers and gas bar attendants that consistently deliver excellent service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here.”
• Assisting with the development and achievement of operating plans and budgets; analyzing changes that affect the C-Store operation and goals, consulting with Retail Division Manager and making necessary changes or adjustments to meet or exceed expectations
• Working with the Marketing Department to oversee the design and execution of merchandising, maintain store appearance and equipment for maximum sales efficiency programs
• Executing and overseeing the efficient purchasing, invoice reconciliation, inventory management and shipping and receiving as well as pricing strategies to achieve optimum sales and margin, maintaining accurate inventory with minimal shrink
• Ensuring established Occupational Health and Safety programs are delivered and adhered to in a consistent manner, ensuring appropriate asset protection
• Developing schedules, overseeing and delegating daily workload among staff
• Developing strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales and improve profitability
• Team Member management will include, hiring, training, coaching, performance planning, reviews and management as well as conflict resolution
• Attending management and training meetings as required
• Ensuring repair and maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner
• Working co-operatively with other departments and suppliers
• Willing to take all mandatory and additional optional training to develop knowledge and skills required
Who you are:
• Grade 12 Preferred
• Diploma in a related field or equivalent experience is considered an asset
• Minimum of 5 years leading and managing teams/direct reports of 10+ employees, preferably in a related or service industry
• Experience with planning, budgeting, and operating statements
• Knowledge of Gas Bar Store/Retail/Petroleum industry and inventory control procedures
• Proficient in Microsoft office and various interface software
• Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop a team of people
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills
• Adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, detail oriented with a commitment to quality
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Apply online or contact us at 672-645-6300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.