Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a Full-time Estimator – Lumber, at our Home Centre in Vanderhoof, BC. This position is for 40 hours per week with Rotational Weekends.
Working at Four Rivers Co-operative has its PERKS! We offer a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees that includes medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability benefits. Paid sick and personal leave, vacation, employee rebates, EFAP, and a matched pension plan and so much more. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Building Materials Manager you will be responsible for:
• Be a liaison and public relations representative for Four Rivers Co-op within the communities we serve.
• Demonstrating Four Rivers Co-operative’s values of Responsibility, Integrity, Service, and Excellence
• Promote our Co-op brand values: Locally Invested, Community-Minded, and Lifetime Membership Benefits
• Consistently deliver legendary service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here.”
• Positive attitude and proven ability to work with the team in a culture of sales and service.
• Cost estimating for building projects – i.e., houses, garages etc.
• Ordering product and inventory control.
• Helping customers/contractors with all their building needs instore and onsite locations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
• Must have knowledge of the building materials industry and products.
• Must have thorough knowledge of cost estimating.
• Adaptable, organized, efficient and committed.
• Be a team member with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
• A commitment to quality and an eye for detail.
• Appropriate computer skills and technical knowledge.
• Class 5 driver’s license.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs as required.
• Experience in retail in a similar position would be an asset.
• You are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are looking for a challenging, engaging and rewarding career opportunity, please submit your resume outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to email@example.com
The Home Centre is open 7 days per week. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and statutory holidays on a rotational basis.
We thank all candidates for their interest.
Those chosen to continue in the selection process will be contacted.