Four Rivers Co-op is currently recruiting for an Operations Manager. The Operations Manager under the direction of the General Manager, will primarily lead, direct, and manage operations for all areas of the business including Petroleum, Gas Bars, Convenience Stores, Home Centre, Quesnel Agro Store and the Food Store.
Incorporated on August 2, 1944 Four Rivers Co-op operates 16 cardlock locations, 4 bulk petroleum locations with 16 petroleum delivery units. Retail Operations include a food store, a home centre, an agro store, 2 gas bars, 4 convenience stores and 1 car wash. The administration office also provides management and accounting services to Mackenzie Co-op and the total staffing compliment is approaching 200 employees.
What you’ll do:
This position will:
• Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures, improving retail operations, performance, and profitability,
• Develop, implement and direct retail policies approved by the Board of Directors to store-level management, and ensure compliance,
• Analyze reports (e.g., inventory, sales, and financial reports) to determine the operational activities of retail departments and ensure their optimal performance,
• Prepare monthly operations reports for the Board of Directors,
• Build team commitment to high standards of service, exceeding customer expectations, and leading by example. This includes working closely with all locations and departments in the implementation of the Customer Experience program,
• Exemplify the Co-op brand personality; strive to be Friendly, Caring, Proud, Authentic, Trusted, Honest, Successful and Knowledgeable in each and every interaction with our members, customers, employees, suppliers, and stakeholders.
Who you are:
• 15 years’ experience in a retail environment,
• 8 years’ experience leading technical, professional, and/or management employees,
• Business Management Degree,
• Have experience with coaching and providing feedback to team leaders,
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives,
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do,
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
This role requires travel across Four Rivers Co-op’s trading area in addition to other scheduled meetings at Federated Co-operatives Limited office locations.
For more information please call 250-567-4414 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until filled.