Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a PERMANENT FULL-TIME ACCOUNTANT our Administration Office in Vanderhoof, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Controller, you will
• Demonstrate and promote Four Rivers Co-operative’s values of Responsibility, Integrity, Service and Excellence consistently in attitude and action
• Work co-operatively with team members who deliver legendary service to make all guests and employees of our Co-op feel “at home here.”
• Perform general accounting activities by supporting the analysis and preparation of financial reports and statements
• Evaluate and assess the co-operatives controls, processes and procedures.
• Provide senior team members with recommendations on the analysis/testing performed
• Develop an understanding of policies and procedures and provide input into the accounting process
• Work across multiple areas of accounting based on changing business needs
What you bring:
• You have a relevant university degree, with a preference for Business or Accounting
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation or enrolled it the CPA program.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Proficient computer skills using the MS Office suite, with a focus on MS Excel
• Strong business-oriented written and verbal communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal and confidentiality skills
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting priorities
• Analytical and organized; committed to producing quality work
• Able to handle multiple demands within precise timeframes
• You are results-oriented, and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
Our team members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our team members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
To apply, contact us at 672-645-6300 or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest; those selected
to continue in the selection process will be contacted.