Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a FULL-TIME PERMANENT GROCERY CLERK at our Food Store in Vanderhoof, BC.
We are seeking a friendly and experienced grocery clerk to ensure that the grocery area of our supermarket is well-maintained and running efficiently. You will act as the first point of contact with customers and help them with information and support in buying their groceries.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Grocery Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• Demonstrating Four Rivers Co-operative’s values of Responsibility, Integrity, Service, and Excellence
• Working co-operatively with team members who deliver excellent service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here”
• Handling and preparing grocery products in accordance with company quality standards and food safety protocols
• Stocking and facing shelves, merchandising and building in store displays
• Keeping sales floor organized and clean
• Delivering groceries to customers in a safe and efficient manner
• General housekeeping duties
What you bring:
• Experience in retail in a similar position is considered an asset
• A valid driver’s license
• Adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
• A team member with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives.
• Some heavy lifting may be required
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
To apply, contact us at 672-645-6300 or email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Food Store is open 7 days per week. The successful candidate must be available to work weekends and statutory holidays. Shifts may vary from early morning or afternoon.
We thank all candidates for their interest; those selected to continue in the
selection process will be contacted.