Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a CASUAL PRODUCE CLERK at our Grocery Store in Vanderhoof, BC. The food store is open 7 days a week and this position is primarily early mornings with some daytime and evening/weekend shifts on a rotational basis.
Are you passionate about feeding the community fresh, healthy food (with a yummy treat or two thrown in)? Do you enjoy working early mornings and having the balance of your day to yourself? Do you enjoy working a team environment where you see the “fruits” of your labour at the end of every shift? Then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Produce Manager you will be responsible for the following:
• Demonstrating Four Rivers Co-operative’s values of Service, Integrity, Excellence and Responsibility
• Working co-operatively with team members who deliver excellent service to make all guests of our Co-op feel “at home here”
• Handling and preparing produce products in accordance with company quality standards and food safety protocols
• Preparing and creating cut fruit and vegetable trays
• Stocking and facing shelves, merchandising and building in store displays
• Keeping sales floor organized and clean
• General housekeeping duties
Who you are:
• Experience in retail in a similar position is considered an asset
• Adaptable, organized, efficient and committed
• Be a team member with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
• Some heavy lifting may be required
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Apply online, contact us at 250-567-4414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.