Human Resources ManagerActions
Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a permanent full time HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER in Vanderhoof, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.fourriversco-op.crs
Nestled in the geographical centre of beautiful British Columbia, this is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the province. Surrounded by the incredible natural beauty of our lakes, rivers and forest in the foothills, Vanderhoof offers something for everyone. Arts and culture, water-based activities, adventure, and wildlife observation are some of the fun ways to entertain your family. More information on Vanderhoof can be found here: http://www.vanderhoof.ca/
What you’ll do:
Is HR your passion? Do you lead by example through motivation, support and communication with the ultimate goal of providing an exceptional experience for both your team and our members? This leadership role is exactly what you are looking for.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role is responsible for the leadership and strategic direction to deliver a comprehensive human resource management service and oversee occupational health and safety (OHS) for Four Rivers Co-op. Key responsibilities include:
• Leading a small team of direct reports
• Providing advice and consultation to the General Manager, Senior Leadership Team (SLT), Management and staff on matters relating to policies, programs, systems, and regulations in the areas of HR while directing and ensuring the equitable and consistent delivery, availability, and accessibility of all programs
• Overseeing occupational health and safety function
• Active participation in short and long-term strategic planning and decision-making; working effectively within the governance structure of the organization and supporting the GM with communicating and reporting to the Board of Directors where appropriate
• Providing effective leadership and management to the HR team of professionals involving them in projects, continuous learning and collaborative initiatives in HR and related matters; responsible for the talent management cycle, including recruitment, development and training, performance management, etc.
• Leading the OHS staff in developing effective policies, standards, guidelines, programs and services that support a healthier work environment
• Developing and maintaining positive working relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external, to facilitate effective operations; establish and build networks within the broad HR community
• Developing and implementing the functional business plan and associated budget; this includes periodically developing and delivering presentations on a broad range of topics to a broad audience
Who you are:
• Possess an undergraduate degree with a preference for Business or Human Resources
• Have knowledge of Canadian Human Rights and BC Employment Standards
• 8+ years of relevant progressively responsible experience, with prior leadership experience
• CPHR designation is preferred
• Compensation and benefit administration experience is ideal
• Occupational health and safety experience or education is preferred
• Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan with one of the largest pension pools in Canada. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation and offer HR coaching, mentorship, as well as educational assistance.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Apply online at www.co-op.crs/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted.