Four Rivers Co-op is hiring a permanent full time RETAIL OPERATIONS MANAGER in Vanderhoof, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.fourriversco-op.crs
Nestled in the geographical centre of beautiful British Columbia, this is your opportunity to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the province. Surrounded by the incredible natural beauty of our lakes, rivers and forest in the foothills, Vanderhoof offers something for everyone. Arts and culture, water-based activities, adventure, and wildlife observation are some of the fun ways to entertain your family.
What you’ll do:
Is Retail your passion? Do you enjoy the diversity of leading teams in a variety of commodities? Do you lead by example through motivation, support and communication with the ultimate goal of providing an exceptional experience for both your team and our members? This leadership role is exactly what you are looking for.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership to our Retail Division with diverse commodities such as food, hardware, building materials, convenience stores as well as gas and propane. Focused on continuous improvement to ensure best-in-class operations you will develop strategies that align the Retail Division with the strategic direction of the organization. You will ensure the growth and business development objectives you develop that support the retail vision are realized. You will accomplish this by:
• Working with the retail teams to develop the annual division strategy, five-year capital development plan and ensure feasibility studies are comprehensive for the strategic opportunities to maximize future market share and growth
• Developing the annual operating budget for the division that supports the corporate goals related to pricing, sales, margins, expenses and inventory
• Providing direction and oversight to the retail teams through coaching, mentoring and performance management
• Overseeing talent acquisition, engagement, performance management and succession planning for all retail locations in the Four Rivers trading area
• Guiding the division in the execution of goals, objectives, policies and procedures for the efficient, effective and safe operations of the division
• Maintaining Four Rivers Co-op’s high standards for customer service and ensuring a consistent brand aligned customer experience
• Promoting the Four Rivers Co-op Health and Safety Program
• Ensuring compliance to all legislative and regulatory requirements as well as organizational and commodity programs and policies
Who you are:
• Possess a post-secondary education in a related field
• Five years’ of progressively responsible leadership experience in the retail industry, preferably with decentralized reporting structures
• Ability to control operational costs, maximize operation efficiencies and improve growth margin
• Experience in an operational management capacity with commodity, financial and human resource accountabilities as well as providing advice to senior executives
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products and ability to learn specialized software quickly
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
Apply online, contact us at 250-567-4414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.